This summer pizza perfectly combines light and indulging with goat and parmesean cheeses; sweet, vine-ripened tomatoes, homemade roasted garlic; and zesty baby greens. And, once the roasted garlic is made (or purchased) prep time to eat time will take about 10 minutes. Continue reading
Cheapvegetarian.com is now on Instagram as @cheapvegetarian! Follow for recipe ideas and inspiration, like this “nice cream”: an ultra-thick smoothie with frozen bananas. I don’t know what it is about frozen bananas, but it makes the texture shockingly similar to ice cream — but with no added sugar, fat, or dairy.
- 1 golden beet, peeled and thinly sliced (keep slice thickness as consistent as possible) with top removed
- ~3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepepr
- Whisk olive oil, parsley, and garlic. Coat beets in mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly layer beets on a parchment paper cookie sheet and cook at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
This was so good. The aioli has a quarter cup of mayo, but if you eat it all in one sitting, I will not judge you.
It’s the end of May so it’s back to lots of kale recipes! I just ate an entire bushel of the stuff!
This is one of my favorite kale recipes and it’s so easy to make.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2-3 (or more) large cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 3 loose cups of kale
- 1 tbs water
- few dashes of hot sesame oil (or regular toasted sesame oil with a dash of hot sauce or sriracha sauce)
- At medium low heat in a medium saucepan, sauté garlic and tamari with olive oil until brown.
- Add kale and water, quickly toss so the kale is coated in oil and water, and cover with lid. Steam for 4 minutes or until wilted.
- Add hot sesame oil, toss to combine, and serve.